During combustion, one of the gases released into the atmosphere is NOx. There are legal requirements that govern how much NOx you can release into the environment and you must remain in compliance. In order to do so, it is important that you do what is necessary to ensure that you keep a dry low emissions and within the required boundaries.
If you have GE’s B-/E- gas turbines, then you can add value to both the turbines and your plant operation using the combustion upgrade that allows for Dry Low NOx (DLN) 1+. This upgrade enables you to stay longer online and also helps you to reduce your cost of maintenance as well as emissions all the while delivering operational flexibility that is much broader and extending the life of your assets.
Advantages of Upgrading
There are several advantages that you can expect with this upgrade as follows:
- You will be able to stay within the given guidelines of NOx and CO2 emissions without having to use ammonia, steam or water to reduce the amount of emissions produced by the combustion process.
- Due to the fact that you have great fuel flexibility and dual fuel proficiency, you get more butane, ethane, hydrogen and propane produced.
- From one maintenance session to the other, increase your intervals to us many as 1300 starts or thirty-two thousand hours. Note that the performance can differ based on the configuration and the frame type of your asset.
- Improve the flexibility of your loads while maintaining your emissions even when your peak fire is at 100°F or your turndown is down to 35%. The controls and hardware needed to enhance DLN turndown are available for both 7E & 9E.
How to Optimize Your Asset
- The DLN upgrade can be customized so that it is compatible to the gas turbine that you currently have, or so that it complements the other improvements you want to make to your turbine.
- The DLN upgrade can be scheduled during an outage and will be installed along with other improvements to the turbine so as to augment the entire system.
- The DLN upgrade may be combined with extra software that help you have better boundary control and real time tuning.
Bringing down your NOx emissions does not have to be a complete overhaul of your system. Let’s contact us with these modifications, you can have dry low emissions.